Science Shop InSPIRES Spring School in Tunisia. Call for applications!
inSPIRES Spring School
«Science shops: Strengthening the Links Between Research and Society»
22-23 April 2019 – Institut Pasteur de Tunis, Tunisia
The Institut Pasteur de Tunis and the Direction of Culture, Science and Society of the University of Lyon as partners of the consortium of the H2020 InSPIRES project, are organizing a spring school around Science Shops. Its ambition is to create and strengthen links between the research community and civil society (represented by organizations, associations or communities working on societal issues). It also offers a platform for training, exchange and networking with experts in participatory research to develop new science shops or similar devices.
Around the concept of participatory research, the aim of this training is to explore the means of producing socially useful knowledge that can lead to significant societal changes. The InSPIRES Spring School will be held in Tunis with the aim of stimulating the Science Shop’ system on the African continent as well as in the French-speaking countries around the world.
This school is thus addressed to a French-speaking public.
1. Methods and objectives
- Plenary lectures open to all to learn about the concepts and practices of science shops, participatory research, Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI), Open Science.
- Workshops in small groups to better understand educational concepts and good practices that deconstruct the barriers between science and society.
- Field visit to local associations to understand how to make research more meaningful by working with and for communities.
- Pedagogical support to develop and improve skills and knowledge on participatory research
- A playful approach through a game around the process of building projects within a Science Shop
- A group simulation of the implementation of a Science Shop with the help and the intervention of experts in the field to be accompanied in the implementation of this kind of device.
- Sharing and networking to engage in the co-creation of projects between Science and Society.
2. Criteria for selecting participants
InSPIRES Spring School will host 40 participants of different profiles. It will be held in French. A good level of oral and written French is required.
Profiles of the desired participants:
- Members of french speaking Science shops
- Practitioners wishing to set up Science Shops and interested in participatory research
- Members of associations, non-governmental organizations, non-profit groups
- Master 2 students, Ph.D. students and researchers wishing to work in the field of participatory research
To participate in the Spring School, please fill in the application form following this link. Registration for the event is free.
Registration is open until 25 January 2019 included.
To apply for a scholarship to support your travel and / or accommodation in Tunis, your demand must be sent at the same time as your application. To support your request, please send a letter of motivation to email@example.com
For any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.